Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Imus In The Gloaming

Our moment was taken away -- our moment to celebrate our success, our moment to realize how far we had come, both on and off the court, as young women. We were stripped of this moment by degrading comments made by Mr. Imus last Wednesday. What hurts the most about this situation is that Mr. Imus knows not one of us personally.
- Rutgers sophomore forward Heather Zurich

I would like to speak to him personally and ... ask him, after you've met me personally, do you still feel in this category that I'm still a 'ho' as a woman and as a black, African-American woman at that? I achieve a lot, and unless they have given this name of 'ho' a new definition, then that is not what I am.
- Rutgers sophomore center Kia Vaughn

Those women did not deserve those hateful and hurtful comments. I've been on the receiving end of his barbs, so I understand. I'm a public figure, but it just went way over the line.
- Democratic presidential candidate and New York Sen. Hillary Clinton

I would appear on his program again, sure.
- Republican presidential candidate and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home